Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop keyboard problem  (Read 2816 times)

Ademil4vic

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I BLV IN YOU
    • A-LIMTS TECHNOLOGY
  • Experience: Familiar
Laptop keyboard problem
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:02:30 AM »
Good day
 Surprisingly this week,whenever i tried to on my laptop it will on but giving me sound totototototo as if one key pressed down on the keyboard.It won't allow the systm to boot normally,i've removed the keyboard and clean it with spirit and dried it,clean d keybrd port but it does dsame thing.what can i do?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Laptop keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Laptop keyboard problem
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
Good day
 Surprisingly this week,whenever i tried to on my laptop it will on but giving me sound totototototo as if one key pressed down on the keyboard.It won't allow the systm to boot normally,i've removed the keyboard and clean it with spirit and dried it,clean d keybrd port but it does dsame thing.what can i do?

Remove the keyboard again and plug in a USB keyboard then boot it (the laptop should still boot fine without its own keyboard). If it boots properly, one of the sensors on the keyboard are probably stuck or shorted. Has any liquid been spilled on it recently?

If it turns out it is the keyboard itself, try giving each key a couple good hard taps (not so hard to break them, but this sometimes will loosen a stuck sensor).

I fixed a friend's laptop that was doing this a month or two ago. His R key was stuck, giving that annoying beeping and not starting. Before that a customer came to me with the same thing, he had spilled water on the keyboard the week before and the keyboard never worked right again.

From Our Archives...

I think he's having the problem I described, and it's not a beep code.