Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound problems  (Read 4388 times)

SephirothsCraze

Sound problems
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:11:10 PM »
My sound card is not working. I recently rebooted my computer, and the sound worked fine before I did that. Checked inside and everything was fine, the wires were fine and in the right places. When I went under the sound options inside the control panel, none of the options were availible, it said "No Audio Device" I obviously know what that means, but I dont know how to fix it! I bought it complete, and the sound did work then. I have no idea what my sound card is, or how to fix this problem. Please help  :(

SephirothsCraze

Re: Sound problems
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 09:46:19 PM »
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 03:59:38 AM »
Install the latest drivers for your sound card. Either by downloading them from the manufacturers website or by CD-ROM/floppy that came with the soundcard.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 02:01:15 PM »
type dxdiag in the run box and  test for sound and will show the sound card on board or plug in..and look in the bios to seen if its abled? del or ctrl key on boot setup defaults f9 save and exit..andd this you can try my computer/properties device manager/sound vid/game controllers icon click the plus sign audio codecs / properties ..remove the sound  and re-boot what mobo have you got ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 02:04:00 PM by merlin »