Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Yahoo Instant Messenger and Possibly Explorer.exe  (Read 29165 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem with Yahoo Instant Messenger and Possibly Explorer.exe
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 06:09:55 AM »
Open Device Manage...
Any Yellow !/s or ??'s   ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
    Open Device Manage...
    Any Yellow !/s or ??'s   ?

None.

Weird: I tried to update the device software and drivers for my HP HDX mouse and now it will not allow me to install the device software. The drivers are up to date according to Windows, but the actual device software (which includes the easy to access menus for the advanced settings) now will not install. Everytime I attempt to install it says that the setup window is already open - a fact which is simply not true. I have even restarted to be certain, but of course, nothing has worked.

Keyboard: Current drivers are recent.

Monitor: Current drivers are recent.

ACPI x64 based PC: Recent.

Processor: Recent.

Realtek Audio: Recent.

Video card: Recent.

It seems my drivers are up to date...

The drivers are not the problem: Yahoo has still crashed.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:30:07 PM by DrSatanDracula »

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »
    Weird: I tried to update the device software and drivers for my HP HDX mouse and now it will not allow me to install the device software
    You might as well try here not by device manager. Do I see a no crash in safemode as you posted? What keyboard by the way you have also?

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
      You might as well try here not by device manager. Do I see a no crash in safemode as you posted? What keyboard by the way you have also?

I have a HP keyboard that came with my computer. KU-0841.

The mouse software was from the HP site and won't install now. The reason, it says, is that setup is already running. However, that is not true: It is not running at all. I have tried doing this after several restarts to no avail. Any idea what may be wrong with that? I am going to see if there are any other software options right now.

Here's the error code:

Error Code:   -5001 : 0xffffec75
      Error Information:
      >SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (123)
      pAPP:HP HDX Mouse
      PVENDOR:Hewlett-Packard
      PGUID:9A372D11-5C46-4A78-B9D9-510968EF4D2D
      $12.0.0.58849
      @Windows  Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 8.0.6001.18702

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 05:37:57 PM »
      The reason, it says, is that setup is already running. However, that is not true: It is not running at all.
      Do you see the HP HDX mouse being recognized in device manager and are you using it currently?
      Over 8 hours while keeping IE open (as that sometimes seems to exacerbate the problem) and Yahoo Messenger on, I did not have any crashing reported in Safe Mode with Networking
      There is a possiblity that a 3rd party driver or a reinstall is needed that causes your system to freeze.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
      Which is why i can't understand no Yellow ??'s in device manager...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
        Do you see the HP HDX mouse being recognized in device manager and are you using it currently? There is a possiblity that a 3rd party driver or a reinstall is needed that causes your system to freeze.

Yes. The HP HDX mouse is being recognized in device manager and is being used as we speak. It functions fine. Just the software will now not install, which is odd as it was running completely fine. It also is not the source of any problems, as Yahoo is crashing without the software now installed at all.

What third party driver do you think might be causing this? Is there a program out there that I could use in odrer to determine all of my drivers so that I could identify which one may be problematic?

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
          Which is why i can't understand no Yellow ??'s in device manager...

It is peculiar, I agree. But I even now just checked once again (opening every category) and there are no yellow ??'s or any other alerts in the entire list.

Not a single driver seems to have an issue according to Windows.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 07:00:09 AM »
          The mouse software was from the HP site and won't install now. The reason, it says, is that setup is already running. However, that is not true: It is not running at all. I have tried doing this after several restarts to no avail. Any idea what may be wrong with that? I am going to see if there are any other software options right now.
          The Vista 64 bit driver on the site is on version 7. You might as well removed the HP mouse driver and use a generic mouse if there is one available. Then reinstall it after downloading from the support site. I would also look for updating your IE to version 9 along with your yahoo messenger.
          The HP HDX mouse is being recognized in device manager and is being used as we speak. It functions fine. Just the software will now not install

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
            The Vista 64 bit driver on the site is on version 7. You might as well removed the HP mouse driver and use a generic mouse if there is one available. Then reinstall it after downloading from the support site. I would also look for updating your IE to version 9 along with your yahoo messenger.

I'll fish out my other mouse for this purpose tomorrow. I have to go looking for where I put it. It's perfectly good, just this mouse was better so I put it in some box in the closet.

I'll update IE tomorrow, too.

Thank you.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
            « Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
            I hope its good news as I'm out of ideas. ;D

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »
              I hope its good news as I'm out of ideas. ;D

Please forgive me for the long wait in response time. Unintended amounts of business once again intruded.

I was unable to find my replacement mouse. I am still looking but that has to be shelved for the mean time. Upon finding it or finding another one (I don't have a spare right now) I will reinstall the drivers off the mouse I am currently using.

Sadly, I also received a very unexpected Blue Screen error three days ago. After doing a wee bit of searching online, it may indicate that there is some driver incompatibility issue at play, which gives me some hope that there'll be something to be done for my long-term issues here.

I've attached the Blue Screen View file of the event. I would be most obliged if you could offer me some suggestions based off the data in it.

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
              « Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »
              The bluescreen text report documentation is here.
              It both points to a software/driver or a hardware/hard disk problem.

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
                The bluescreen text report documentation is here.
                It both points to a software/driver or a hardware/hard disk problem.

Thanks again.

Is there any program available that would help me determine what driver it could be? I will run a full HD error check, also.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                « Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »
                Is there any program available that would help me determine what driver it could be?
                unexpected Blue Screen error
                The bluescreen error might be driver related in your previous post. I usually just look for updated drivers if in your case or reinstalling them atleast with the correct ones from the support sites. I would not bypass the mouse driver and replacement first though.