Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet TV  (Read 2248 times)

redbird

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Internet TV
    « on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:33 AM »
    Can anyone recommend any sites with free tv with no high risk for viruses .. I got rid of my cable ;D

truenorth

Guru

Re: Internet TV
      « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »
      Before we get into sources that offer on-line TV you may not be aware that depending on your home country most networks (broadcast net works) offer their programming on-lne. It may be streaming (live) or in some cases it may be delayed somewhat. I would check that out 1st. Often foreign broadcast sources offer their content streaming (particularly news channels). A Google search for others will undoubtedly produce 10's of thousands of supposed "free tv' sites. truenorth

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Internet TV
      « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
      Hello Redbird,

There are a few to check out. As Truenorth said, you can try visiting the network of the shows you want to watch directly (eg: www.fox.com, click "watch full episodes" for Fox programmes, or http://abc.go.com/ and click "watch episodes" for ABC programmes.)

The others are:
      www.hulu.com - Free, does have a subscriber version if that is desired, supported by ads.
      www.crackle.com - About the same as above.

Or, you could just go the illegal route, of which I cannot (nor anyone else on this forum) provide you directions on how to do so, but an internet search would reveal a great deal of information on this red-area subject.