Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Port Forwarding  (Read 3436 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Port Forwarding
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
Hellol to all. I have somthing to put out there

I am trying to run a minecraft server. my router is a netgear WINDR3400. the port forwarding feature is enabled on port 25565. I only changed setting on the port forwarding page. Is there another group of settings that must be changed??

I have the server running off of a windows seven computer. I have the firewall exeptions for port 25565 but the server still fails to broadcast to anyone outside my network.

The server is running in the java runtime enviorment.

What do i have to do to have my friends log into the server from their internet connection??
is the 192.268.1.ext  ip correct for the login ip? if not, where do i figure out the ip that must be used

thanks for any help!!
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Port Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:39 AM »
No 192.168.1.whatever is a group of internal IP addresses. You need to find your external IP address and the have your friends use that IP address to log into your server. You can find your external IP by typing "what is my IP" into google.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
Thanks for that. I will try that as soon as i get home.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
Thank you very much for that. Now if only i could explain the whole process to my friend. That will prove to be difficult.

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »
Now my server displays the fallowing

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.8.1
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on MY IP TO KEEP
[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

what does this exactly mean, when i am not running any other copies of the server??