Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Synching Safari With iPhone 4S  (Read 5218 times)

bluecountry

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Synching Safari With iPhone 4S
    « on: November 17, 2011, 12:14:25 AM »
    I have a 4s phone and touch 3.
    I recently got safari on my PC (Windows) and I am unable to sync it.

I wanted it synced so the bookmarks on my PC are on my phone/pod browser and so that if I add something to my reading list be it on phone/pod/pc I can read it on all devices.

Have any of you had this problem and do you know a way to sync safari to all devices and vice verca?

I assume you can sync without having to go into itunes every single time.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Synching Safari With iPhone 4S
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:28 AM »
    You have to go into iTunes to sync your iPhone...
    This may help:
    For Mac:
    http://9to5mac.com/2011/05/14/watch-out-instapaper-mac-os-x-lions-safari-reading-list-to-sync-with-ios-devices/
    For Windows:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1070
    Safari 5.1.1 includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services. iCloud stores your Safari bookmarks and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.*

Safari 5.1.1 also contains various bug fixes and improvements to stability, compatibility, and security, including fixes that:

Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage
    Improve stability when using Find, dragging tabs, and managing extensions
    Improve stability for netflix.com and other websites that use the Silverlight plug-in
    Improve stability when zooming on Google maps
    Address an issue that could prevent East Asian character input into webpages with Flash content
    Address an issue that could cause History items to appear incorrectly
    Address an issue that could cause cleared Reading List items to appear Improve printing from Safari
    Address an issue that could prevent the Google Safe Browsing Service from updating
    *iCloud requires Safari 5.1.1 on Windows Vista or Windows 7
    So upgrade to Safari 5.1.1, update to iOS 5, create an iCloud account, and you should be able to sync your Reading List. No support for WinXP, though...
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none