Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please recommend me a free software to repair my corrupted Excel file  (Read 6127 times)

kwfine

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    hi all,

I got some important files in a USB flash drive.
    Recently the USB flash drive did not work properly and some files couldn't be opened.
    My friends helped me retrieve some of the EXCEL files from the defective USB flash drive, but
    most of the data stored in the EXCEL files had been lost.
    I am using MS EXCEL 2002, and have tried using the EXCEL Repair function to recover the lost data,
    but of no luck.
    I need your help, please recommend me some good and free software to save my EXCEL files.

Thanks

Kitty

truenorth

Guru

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: please recommend me a free software to repair my corrupted Excel file
      « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
      If the files were recovered as corrupt, then there's most likely nothing that can be done to restore them. Recovery programs can only recover what is there, but they can't fixed corrupted data. Do you know what program/method your friend used to recover the files with?

Different programs have different abilities when it comes to recovering data. Try Truenorth's suggestions and see if one of them works.

I know it's a bit late for this advice, but never store the only copy of an important file on a flash drive. Always keep another copy somewhere, as flash drives are not reliable and prone to data loss, especially when they're unplugged or the power goes out while they're in use. Make sure you use the "Safely Remove Hardware" function before pulling out a flash drive.

Gryfphon

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »
        recommend to use backup

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:06:09 AM »
        recommend to use backup

He left 6 Years ago...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "