Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: intel 845grg video chip  (Read 5682 times)

nap

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
intel 845grg video chip
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
can any one tell me which is the video driver ic on the mobo ehich is responsible for video display

thanks
thanks

Salmon Trout

Re: intel 845grg video chip
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
Salmon Trout  is telling the OP that the silicon for video is in the chip set. One would install the entire driver set for the Intel 845 board.
I have one of those. a real workhouse.   :)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
Salmon Trout  is telling the OP that the silicon for video is in the chip set. One would install the entire driver set for the Intel 845 board.
I have one of those. a real workhouse.   :)

Is he? I thought that Salmon Trout was answering the OP's question, "can anyone tell me which is the video driver ic on the mobo?". Still, I guess you know what he meant better than I do.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »
video driver ic
would imply a discrete IC. That board does not have one. The Video Drive is part of the chip set. What did you mean?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
would imply a discrete IC. That board does not have one. The Video Drive is part of the chip set. What did you mean?

The Intel 82845G marked "H" on the diagram is the "GMCH", the "Graphics and Memory Controller Hub" so strictly speaking Geek is right; there is no separate chip or IC devoted solely to graphics. The GMCH provides the processor interface, system memory interface, hub interface, and additional interfaces in an 845G / 845GL chipset desktop platform. Each GMCH contains an integrated graphics controller (IGD)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »

Filed under: Unnecessary Pedantry
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
Unnecessary Pedantry?  :D
BC, didn't know you. live on the eastern coast.
Qualifying Paper Guidelines
web.ccas.gwu.edu/dev/filehost/8/QP_guidelines_11_12.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
They should also avoid the unnecessary pedantry that beginners associate with scholarly prose. Wordiness tends to obscure the argument. Consider ...
You can go to the above site and have no Little Idea** of what they are talking about because they do not use unnecessary pedantry. Unnecessary pedantry, which is now a requirement for International English.SO, it is more correct to say necessary pedantry in place unnecessary pedantry Those people on the eastern seaboard ignore the linguistic needs of the rest of the English-speaking world where pedantry is necessary and is not unnecessary anymore.

** The Little Idea is a short lecture by a single speaker, followed by drinks. No moderator, no long introductions and no Q&A.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
BC, didn't know you. live on the eastern coast.
I don't. I didn't know you were a  giant squid. See I can do it too.

You can go to the above site and have no Little Idea** of what they are talking about because they do not use unnecessary pedantry.
What are you talking about? Pedant= "A person who is excessively concerned with minor details" you obsessed over the fact that the  the IC containing the graphics hardware was not a discrete one, despite the Original Post merely asking which Motherboard IC is responsible for video display, not that it should be a discrete one.

Unnecessary pedantry, which is now a requirement for International English.
SO, it is more correct to say necessary pedantry in place unnecessary pedantry Those people on the eastern seaboard ignore the linguistic needs of the rest of the English-speaking world where pedantry is necessary and is not unnecessary anymore.

*filed under: What are you on about?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.