Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ...is not setup to establish a connection on port  (Read 4409 times)

ltpcdl1

...is not setup to establish a connection on port
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:30:10 AM »
i recently sent my other laptop to get fixed as i do not know much about computers and i am now having some problems that i wasn't having before i sent my laptop off

the problem I'm having is my computer will connect to the internet but there are no web sites that i can connect to it always pops up with a message similar to this one.. "www.google.com" is not setup to establish a connection on port (world wide web service) http:// with this computer
i have tryed to look for solutions on the internet how ever all of the solutions required me removing norton (which i do not have) or visiting websites which i cant do if any one as any solutions i would really appreciate it

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: ...is not setup to establish a connection on port
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »
Have you tried going to Internet Explorer and clicking Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings>and unchecking "Use a proxy server for your LAN"?
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none