Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Locked out of Window XP Pro, no administrator in safe mode, can't move mouse,  (Read 4880 times)

bayouboss318

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Control alt del doesnt do anything.  Its prompting me to hit cont alt del, but when i do, nothing happens.  The box tells me "requiring this key combination at start up helps keep your computer secure". "Insert card or press delete"   HELP!!!!!!!!!!

william54321

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      It seems like you ar really out of luck. Try to reinstall the Windows XP software

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      You can ignore the above post.

What exactly happens in safemode ? ?
      The loss of Task Manager can sometimes be caused by Malware...what protection apps do you have ? ?

And what happened to the PC prior to this ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bayouboss318

Topic Starter

My anti virus software is Norton.  This is a laptop I don't use very often, but yet in still, I'd like to solve this problem.  When I run in safe mode, it still brings up the log in prompt as usual, just this time in safe mode.  No mouse movement, no keyboard action, I'm at a loss.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.   THANKS

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        Is it a BIOS Password you are referring?