Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Screen with Flashing White Cursor on Startup  (Read 10022 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Black Screen with Flashing White Cursor on Startup
    « Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
    ecloud, ;D I can understand your question "What in the world is WHAT all about?" There was a post directly above mine (the one where i asked the question "What in the world is that all about? truenorth") that had absolutely nothing to do with your post. It appeared to be an attempt by the poster to get people to go to some kind of commercial site that i assume had nothing to do with your question. I didn't link to it because of concerns as to what it might do to my computer. I gather a Moderator must have removed it before you returned thus you only see my question and NOT the basis for it. truenorth

Gary2

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Black Screen with Flashing White Cursor on Startup
      « Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »
      I had the same thing and it was the hard drive, I changed the hard drive and and used recovery discs and it works fine.
      Change the hard drive and see if a computer repair shop can recover your data, and from now on get an external hard drive and back all your stuff up