Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: split screen  (Read 4941 times)

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    split screen
    « on: December 03, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
    Hey guys,I want to ask what's causing this problem - http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dgenxxx/010.jpg

It occurs at random times,mostly when I play games.I reinstalled the VGA driver,but no results.When I restart the comp everything is back to normal,but it keeps occuring every 30 min after restart.My video card is radeon HD 6670.

Salmon Trout

Re: split screen
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
    Possibly video card overheating or faulty.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
      Possibly video card overheating or faulty.

This video card never goes up more than 40 C.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
        bump

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
        This is not a chat room; do NOT bump, especially after less than FIVE MINUTES! On here, you get answers when people feel like giving them, (not before!) and bumping is bad manners, and may result in you being ignored.

If not overheating, then probably the card is faulty and needs replacement, especially if you still get the problem with another monitor.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
          This is not a chat room; do NOT bump, especially after less than FIVE MINUTES! On here, you get answers when people feel like giving them, (not before!) and bumping is bad manners, and may result in you being ignored.

If not overheating, then probably the card is faulty and needs replacement, especially if you still get the problem with another monitor.

I bumped,cuz I accidently double posted.And what do u mean by faulty?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
          what do u mean faulty?

Broken, malfunctioning, on the fritz, getting flaky, something not right, component damaged or failed, that kind of thing. The signal is going out of sync and the fact that it takes about 30 mins each time suggests it is heat related, even if the temp reported is OK. Of course it could be the monitor which you could test by trying another one as I already suggested.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
            Broken, malfunctioning, on the fritz, getting flaky, something not right, component damaged or failed, that kind of thing. The signal is going out of sync and the fact that it takes about 30 mins each time suggests it is heat related, even if the temp reported is OK. Of course it could be the monitor which you could test by trying another one as I already suggested.

Its not the monitor,cuz I already got it checked by my monitor seller.When I tried to test it with my old monitor,it went blank and couldn't start it anymore...strange.Furthermore if the monitor was the problem,it woudln't be fixed by restarting the comp.
            « Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:55:25 PM by dgenxxx »

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
            Its not the monitor,cuz I already got it checked by my monitor seller

What does this mean ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
              What does this mean ? ?

This means the monitor is fine.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »
              Does the problem persist when you take the graphics out and use the onboard graphics? Does it always occur EXACTLY 30 mins after every restart?
              In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
              Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • My first self-built computer
              • Certifications: List
              « Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 12:54:06 AM »
              Its not the monitor,cuz I already got it checked by my monitor seller.When I tried to test it with my old monitor,it went blank and couldn't start it anymore...strange.Furthermore if the monitor was the problem,it woudln't be fixed by restarting the comp.
              I'm not near as qualified to help you as the other members that have already replied, but I'm curious as to what resolution do you have your graphics output set to?
              If the "old monitor" shows a blank display then my next question is 'what changes have you made to your graphics card setings since the old monitor performed correctly'?

This video card never goes up more than 40 C
              According to what means of monitoring the GPU temp?

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 05:44:54 AM »
                Does the problem persist when you take the graphics out and use the onboard graphics? Does it always occur EXACTLY 30 mins after every restart?

It occurs every 30 mins after a few restarts,then it randomly occurs after a few hours.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:10 AM »
                  I'm not near as qualified to help you as the other members that have already replied, but I'm curious as to what resolution do you have your graphics output set to?
                  If the "old monitor" shows a blank display then my next question is 'what changes have you made to your graphics card setings since the old monitor performed correctly'?

Since I tried to test the problem with the old monitor as I said it went blank.Then I tested it with my old comp and it was still blank.I tried pushing the power button repedetly but thats when I realised its dead...It was 4 years old,17 inch sync master.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »

Since I tried to test the problem with the old monitor as I said it went blank.Then I tested it with my old comp and it was still blank.I tried pushing the power button repedetly but thats when I realised its dead...It was 4 years old,17 inch sync master.

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »

Salmon Trout

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:19 AM »
                      Why have you quoted yourself?

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
                        Why have you quoted yourself?

Ignore the double posts.

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
                          • Yes
                          • Yes
                          • My first self-built computer
                        • Certifications: List
                        « Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »
                        I'm not sure I understand your situation...
                        Your old monitor (17 in sync master) is dead, but you are having this split screen issue with your new monitor, correct?
                         Are you using graphics control software such as ATI Catalyst Control? (The version of ATI Catalyst Control for my Radeon X1250 is displayed in the attatchment below).

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
                          I'm not sure I understand your situation...
                          Your old monitor (17 in sync master) is dead, but you are having this split screen issue with your new monitor, correct?
                           Are you using graphics control software such as ATI Catalyst Control? (The version of ATI Catalyst Control for my Radeon X1250 is displayed in the attatchment below).

Yes,I'm using AMD VISION Engine Control Center.And the all drivers are up to date.