Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: split screen  (Read 4939 times)

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: split screen
    « Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »
    I'm not near as qualified to help you as the other members that have already replied, but I'm curious as to what resolution do you have your graphics output set to?
    If the "old monitor" shows a blank display then my next question is 'what changes have you made to your graphics card setings since the old monitor performed correctly'?

Since I tried to test the problem with the old monitor as I said it went blank.Then I tested it with my old comp and it was still blank.I tried pushing the power button repedetly but thats when I realised its dead...It was 4 years old,17 inch sync master.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:19 AM »
    Why have you quoted yourself?

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
      Why have you quoted yourself?

Ignore the double posts.

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • My first self-built computer
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »
      Since I tried to test the problem with the old monitor as I said it went blank.Then I tested it with my old comp and it was still blank.I tried pushing the power button repedetly but thats when I realised its dead...It was 4 years old,17 inch sync master.
      I'm not sure I understand your situation...
      Your old monitor (17 in sync master) is dead, but you are having this split screen issue with your new monitor, correct?
       Are you using graphics control software such as ATI Catalyst Control? (The version of ATI Catalyst Control for my Radeon X1250 is displayed in the attatchment below).

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

dgenxxx

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
        I'm not sure I understand your situation...
        Your old monitor (17 in sync master) is dead, but you are having this split screen issue with your new monitor, correct?
         Are you using graphics control software such as ATI Catalyst Control? (The version of ATI Catalyst Control for my Radeon X1250 is displayed in the attatchment below).

Yes,I'm using AMD VISION Engine Control Center.And the all drivers are up to date.