Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer screen goes blank...  (Read 4222 times)

pentree68

computer screen goes blank...
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
i would classify myself a beginner.  i'm watching a women's basketball game off the internet.  after about 15 minutes the video goes off and the computer screen goes blank although the audio of the game can still be heard.  if i go and move the mouse around a little bit everything goes back to normal.  a friend of mine suggested problem may be with my computers hibernation or sleep settings.  any suggestions on this?thanks!
brandy

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: computer screen goes blank...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Darthgumby

Beginner
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
    I'd think it is the screensaver settings.  Sounds like your screensaver is set to "blank" which is the default for Windows.  It is probably set up to kick in after 15 minutes of inactivity.  Even though the video is playing, if you do not move the mouse or anything, it will kick in.  Any work in the background would still continue as the device doesn't shut anything down except for the screen.
    There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

shekharsh.india

Starter
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »
    Try re-booting the computer in Safe mode and check if that works.

If the problem persist, try using system restore through the SMW Command Prompt. by typing rstrui.exe.

Hopefully it may fix the issue.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Shashank Shekhar
    IBM India
    Kolkata ( West Bengal ) - 700156

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »
    Please ignore the above post