Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite A40 graphics driver error?  (Read 4816 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Toshiba Satellite A40 graphics driver error?
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
Alright, so i have had this Toshiba Satellite A40 for some time now, and it worked fine for all my school work etc. However when i started playing some videos once in a blue moon, the system crashes and i get a driver error that my graphics driver dont work. I recently tried to install GTA VC on the computer and it work until the moment of me starting new game. or any game. It crashes and either gives me a blue screen of death or driver error. The graphics card is a intel (r) 852MG/852MGE/855MGE/855MG. The system is running windows XP Pro SP3 and has 784 or something like that mb of RAM, and 40GB hard drive, and a 2.70Ghz pentium 4 CPU please help me get this running. I downloaded my driver from the Toshiba website under the drivers for this system. Any help will be appreciated, thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: Toshiba Satellite A40 graphics driver error?
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
    The causes for this issue can be different if the issue relates solely to "games". However if as you state it is also "videos" you could try another video player. I suggest you give VLC a try and see if it makes any difference for the videos side of things. Is the video card on-board or is it an inserted card? If you have access to another video card with associated drivers/filmware that you could install at least temporarily that could help with knowing where the problem lies.truenorth

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
    Forgot to say it was a laptop And was wondering if I could change the driver version cause I need this laptop

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
      Actually i should have caught that it is a laptop--i believe all satellites are laptops. Should have caught that as i own a satellite myself. I assume this "problem" has only arisen since you started to do things with the computer that you had not done before. So i believe it is not a deterioration from a previous performance. I would try the download of the VLC player just to see if it makes a difference for the video situation. Then we can go from there depending on what happens. It is a free player and contains the greatest assortment of video codecs of players. If you do go looking for updated drivers  go to the Toshiba site to try and find the appropriate ones. By the way have you ever changed the operating system in the computer?truenorth

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
      Forgot to say it was a laptop And was wondering if I could change the driver version cause I need this laptop

Have you checked the Toshiba website to see if they have a newer version of your video driver?
      http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
      Download also Bluescreenview for additional info. on the error codes.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »
      alright. its just that, it wasnt long that i reinstalled windows and everything, so im guessing maybe i already have the newest one, how do i check the driver version? device manager? ill see the driver version and maybe download a newer version or older, and that might do the trick........

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
      how do i check the driver version? device manager?

Yes. Right click the video adapter and select properties. Then click the driver tab.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/