Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "no drives attached to the fasttrack controller, the BIOS is not installed"  (Read 8777 times)

peterwhite1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    hi, i am having problems with my pc, last time it worked fine was on the 20th of december 2011 and the last time it worked with problems (shutting down randomly) on the 23rd of december 2011 and from 24 its been having problems with the drives "no drives attached to the fasttrack controller, the BIOS is not installed". i had dual boot-in off which both were windows 7 ultimate but on this day they were not booting up so i cleaned install windows 7 again from the same disc and the screen got frozen at the final step so i restarted the pc (great, now i have no OS installed) and all of a sudden my 2 drives wont show up on the pc preventing from installing windows and the messages keep on showing. so now i am stuck with a pc, i cant do anything on, ive tried disabling the onboard promising controller but no luck, even tweaked with some other options still problem not solved.

here i have a link http://www.flickr.com/photos/72763803@N07/   with some pictures of my pc and what happens when.

the pc does boot from windows 7 disc (when its in) but when at choose drive to install os on, there are none (also shown in the images).

hope someone can help. if i have not provied any info please ask, look at the pictures, in the link.

i am in a library asking this so i need my pc back asap, as i need to complete my work in a week and got a lot of it.

note; i bought this pc off ebay, it had windows xp and was working fine even after i clean installed windows 7, it was ok for an month or 2 but couple of days ago the problems occurred. what i did last was uninstalled a logic camera and after the pc started to go crazy. i also have included pictures of the 5 CD's i got with the pc.

thanks.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Your Promise IDE controller has issues-it has issues with its BIOS causing problems when you attempt to install Windows via your DVD drive. It also seems to have issues detecting your DVD drive in the first place. Consider troubleshooting it in another computer or simply replacing it.

You can't install a 64-bit version of Windows on your 32-bit computer.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Salmon Trout

To the OP: if your Windows 7 install disk has a file called Bootmgr.efi in the root folder then it is the 64-bit version. This may be a silly question: on your Flickr photostream, I see photos of your Belkin and Soundblaster install disks, but a curious omission is a photo of the Windows disk. Did you forget? As Transfusion notes, a Pentium 4 won't run a 64 bit OS.