Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: banned from chat  (Read 36134 times)

windowspee

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    banned from chat
    « on: January 01, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
    banned by lost___ ( __ = ??? ). he told me to change my name (windowspee), and I simply asked ' why? ' and was kicked + banned from the channel

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: banned from chat
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
    Send a PM to the Computer Hope Admin. He's the only one who can help.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:23:36 PM »
    Pee (verb) means "urinate" and pee (noun) means "urine" in colloquial US English, (toilet things are shocking in some Western cultures) so that is possibly the reason for the name change request. If you are not a native English speaker you may not have realised this.

windowspee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
      my name isn't supposed to be windows pee, it's supposed to be window spee.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
      my name isn't supposed to be windows pee, it's supposed to be window spee.

Well, there you go. A simple misunderstanding. Just take it like a man and get over it. In future avoid embedded toilet or sex or hate words because often rules are applied hastily without deep reflection. Chat channel mods are very busy.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
      Would have been alot easier and quicker to choose another name...

I believe the wait is 14 Days.

Doesn't seem worth it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

windowspee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
        i simply asked " why " when he said change it, because I didn't know why he wanted me to.

an explanation would have been nice before banning me

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 02:14:30 AM »
        an explanation would have been nice before banning me

Chat doesn't work like that. Mod doesn't like you - BANG - you're banned.

You get ONE chance. I am beginning to see why you were banned...

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
        • Nadia
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
        I am quite new to the compute :-\rhope hope forms but when a mod or an admin asks me :-\ to do something I do it unless its unreasnable, but 99.99% of the time I eaither do not ask and do and when I do not understand something the way you worded things could be something to do with it too. if it comes across in a mean way then thats the pit fall of text, but if it was that simple of a fix I would have done it and maybe asked later or just let it go. The life of the internet is everyone takes what you say diff thus you have to be very careful how you word things. bottom line is they did it for a reason I might not know what that reason is, but I have and will respect an uper amins or mods choice who are above me for a reason and I respect that. Sorry that is not how you feel, but in my thoughts you most likely should have not made this public, but contacted the person and that person only. Wish you luck Sorry if this sounds mean, but I hate to beat around the bush.

Best Regards,
        Blindhelpfultech, this is why people on forms and chats hate me I am stright forword and it comes across mean sometimes. I would rather have somone tell me the truth even if it hurts then not knowing at all for me that drives me more crazy  :-\
        Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
        Didn't come across mean at all...

Actually had he taken your approach he'd have never been kicked and this Forum Topic wouldn't exist...

Kinda what i stated earlier but you did a much better job...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
        • Nadia
        « Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
        I thought maybe it was not getting through I am much more blunt :)
        Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
        I thought maybe it was not getting through I am much more blunt :)

Is this discussion going somewhere? Just asking.

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
        • Nadia
        « Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »

I was going to say say something but then I decied not to post it it would have made the person mad
        If you've been banned from chat you'll need to wait at the very least 14-days before that ban is removed. If you believe you've been mistakenly banned send Computer Hope Admin a PM on the forums with what user name you were using in chat and approximately what time it happened and I'll investigate. If I come to the conclusion that you've been mistakenly banned it'll be removed immediately.

Jareth

Rookie
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
          I was just banned from the chat room instantly three strikes straight away for "profanity" when the only thing I said was solar plexus. There was a younger person on there asking some martial arts questions I know it was off topic but there was no one there with a computer problem at the time. Then she said she would hit a mugger in the stomach then forearm them to the face and trip them with her leg. I told her that "you may stun someone with a hit to the solar plexus but you will not affect their vision" and it banned me for profanity. What's the deal I'm always careful not to cuss because I know it has a problem and I'm banned for saying solar plexus? What do I do about this because it won't let me on the chat at all?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 11:55:46 PM »
          I was just banned from the chat room instantly three strikes straight away for "profanity" when the only thing I said was solar plexus. There was a younger person on there asking some martial arts questions I know it was off topic but there was no one there with a computer problem at the time. Then she said she would hit a mugger in the stomach then forearm them to the face and trip them with her leg. I told her that "you may stun someone with a hit to the solar plexus but you will not affect their vision" and it banned me for profanity. What's the deal I'm always careful not to cuss because I know it has a problem and I'm banned for saying solar plexus? What do I do about this because it won't let me on the chat at all?

Look: the bottom line is, chat rooms are run by 13 year old dickheads for 13 year old dickheads to participate in. You get banned from one, so what? Think yourself lucky that you have more time available to do something more intelligent.