Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mother board - Bios do not detect hard disk cd rom  (Read 2685 times)

minor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Mother board - Bios do not detect hard disk cd rom
    « on: January 10, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
       :( My power supply was burned so I bought a New one, when I turn the computer on the mother board or BIOS do not detect the hard disks and CD ROM, I took the hard disk off to format it in other computer and reinstall windows, but I could not install windows I just format it I put the hard disk back in the computer, and I took of the BIOS Battery for a few seconds thinking the BIOS were the problem but this time when I turn the computer on appears a black screen with the legend (Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot devise) this time I can not go into the BIOS to set it up custom, so I changed the Bios jumper to restar BIOS, this time I set the BIOS as Custom, I reboot the computer and a blue screen shows up  with the Intel logo in it after a few seconds the black screens with the legend (Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot devise) shows up again.
     Could some one help me please.
    I'm using a Intel desktop board D865GVHZ, Pentium 4, 2 hard disk 300GB, 512MB ram, BIOS BF86510A.86A.0075.P24.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mother board - Bios do not detect hard disk cd rom
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
    Since you formatted the hard drive & have no bootable CD in the drive, you have no boot device.  You need to enter the BIOS to see if the drives are detected.  F2 will get you there for your motherboard.
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/dsktpboards/d865gvhz