Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NVIDIA Geforce GT 220?  (Read 25362 times)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: NVIDIA Geforce GT 220?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »
I was thinking of getting this http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6801 along with my Geforce GT220 but I'm wondering if the PSU will be compatible with my inspiron 530?
Dell Inspiron 530 (UK could be different from US):  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19
That PSU looks like a good choice at 32A, but I would be looking for one with two (2) +12VDC busses of about 20A each.  Select your graphics card first, GeForce GT220 is the GPU not the manufacturer of the board.  If you are lucky, they will specify amps instead of watts.  It might even require it's own power connector.

-Dragon-

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
I found this on legit reviews,

"Taking a look along the top edge of the card you will notice that it doesn't have any 6-pin PCI-E power connectors on it.  This is because the card doesn't need any external power connectors. This is great news for those that own store bought Dell or HP systems as often you don't have any 6-pin PCI-E power connectors available inside your chassis. What size of a power supply do you need to run a GeForce GT 220? NVIDIA recommends that you have a minimum of a 300 Watt power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps. Most power supplies have a sticker on the side of them that will show the ratings on it if you are unsure of what you have. "

Isn't this what I have? Though I don't want to be in the risk of overclocking,  :)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
The psu you have in there now may work, too.  If it does, you won't need a new one.

-Dragon-

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:09 PM »
so do you think I should try it?