Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 0x00000050 Code  (Read 7247 times)

mookey327

0x00000050 Code
« on: September 12, 2005, 12:16:18 AM »
Windows 2000 Pro SP4,  no name PC with Intel P4 1.5GHz processor.

I am having the toughest time with the this code.  I was downloading a .rar file;  I scanned it for viruses, then tried to open it.  Immediately, my screen went black and then to the "blue screen of death".  It had this code:
0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFC2, 0X00000000, 0XBFF370CB, 0X000000)  PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
***Address   BFF370CB  BASE AT BFF2A000, DateStamp 41f77dd3   -   pxfsf.sys

I am not that literate with crashed computers, but I think this means something bad.   >:(    I cannot get into safe mode at all.  It gives me the same message.  I tried to start it with a boot disk, but the same message.  I am at a loss.  Besides reformatting, does anyone know what my options are?

Also,  If I can find a way to back up my files, I don't mind reformatting.  

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 12:20:26 AM by mookey327 »

Mac

Re: 0x00000050 Code AKA 'Stop 0x50'
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 06:45:24 AM »
Windows 2000 Stop Messages

I would run MemTest86 overnight to see if there are any errors being reported, after re-seating the RAM module(s). The simple process of re-seating the RAM modules alone often cures these problems.

Then run the drive manufacturer's drive diagnostic diskette to see what that reports, as it might be time to get a new drive. (My last drive failed after four years.)

Or, try burning a KNOPPIX CD. Knoppix is an operating system which will run from the CD-Rom drive without installing it to the hard-drive.

You can then use the built in burning program K3B to burn all of your data to removable media.

(Don't rely on CD-RWs, btw.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:37:09 AM by Mac »

mookey327

Re: 0x00000050 Code
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:44:16 PM »
I didn't have any other programs open except IE 6.0.  Can I pull the hd out of the computer and ghost it on another machine?  (that's if the ram re-install doesn't work.  BTW, I have 256 installed on the machine. Also, I am worried about a virus that might be causing this.  I opened a .rar file and it immediately went to "Death Screen".  Could that be a possible virus?  

would run MemTest86 overnight to see if there are any errors being reported, after re-seating the RAM module(s). The simple process of re-seating the RAM modules alone often cures these problems.

I re-installed the memory and it still keeps me on "death screen"  I am running Mem Test 86 as I write.  Will go to bed and see what it tells me in the morning.    I checked on the Knoppix and there is a lot to download.  Said it would take 5 days...LOL   Are there specific files to download so I can try to boot from my cd rom?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 11:01:21 PM by mookey327 »

Mac

Re: STOP 0x50
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 02:41:07 AM »
I didn't have any other programs open except IE 6.0.

Can I pull the hd out of the computer and ghost it on another machine?  (that's if the ram re-install doesn't work).  BTW, I have 256MB installed on the machine.

Also, I am worried about a virus that might be causing this.  I opened a .rar file and it immediately went to "Death Screen".  Could that be a possible virus?  

I re-installed the memory and it still keeps me on "death screen"  I am running Mem Test 86 as I write.  Will go to bed and see what it tells me in the morning.

I checked on the Knoppix and there is a lot to download. Said it would take 5 days...LOL   Are there specific files to download so I can try to boot from my cd rom?

It should only takes a couple of hours to D/L Knoppix on a broadband connection at most. It comes in at about 695.89 MB.

KNOPPIX DOWNLOAD

Probably a good idea to ghost the drive so that you have a copy of the data.

I use Image for DOS to make drive images, if you are looking for a program to do this for you.

A virus is always possible. I have had a LOT of updates recently for AVG.

pcdoc4christ

Re: 0x00000050 Code
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:25:30 PM »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:27:05 PM by pcdoc4christ »