Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: email receive problem  (Read 5850 times)

jane

email receive problem
« on: July 05, 2004, 08:55:38 PM »
I am running xp(he) and outlook express, I can send mail but not receive. I am connected ok (LAN) and I don't get any error messages at all it just says no new messages. If I go to my servers website I can get my mail there but I want to be able to organize my mail in express. I am sure all my account and connection settings are correct and I have tried disabling nortons anti virus and receive but this makes no difference. I have downloaded all available patches and updates.
Thanks for any info
Jane

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: email receive problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:20:06 PM »
    Jane ....Is this something that has just started.....or have you just changed your server. It almost sounds like you havent got your e mail configured  correctly.
    Open outook express . Up at the top click on Tools/accounts/properties/servers.....
    then check to see that the incoming mail [pop3] info is correct ( from you service provider) .....incoming mail server..... confirm account name and password are correct.

let us know

dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:30:25 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

jane

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 03:38:12 AM »
    All checked many times all set correctly. nothing changed recently
    Thanks
    Jane

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 01:06:08 PM »
      jane....You never answsered the question as to when this situation started......
      Is the p/c in question at work or at home?

please let us know

dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 01:11:50 PM »