Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista, slow startup/shutdown, very slow out of nowhere  (Read 9828 times)

jacobey

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Vista, slow startup/shutdown, very slow out of nowhere
    « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »
    okay i am truly sorry for the late response had to go to work im back and will work on posting everything right now like you asked. Once again i am really thankful for all your time and help!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »
    You're welcome - that's what we're here for. Let's hope we can get you back on track.

jacobey

Greenhorn

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
      i really hope so xD i have a few stupid little questions for you. well first off on this logs i have to post i downloaded the commander firewall, and its installed but its saying my defence+ is not running properly and said it was messed up during the install any idea on how to fix that? and also i am posting a few things about a couple of programs i found in my uninstall a program files i have no clue what they are or even if they should be there will you help me make sure they are okay?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »
      There is nothing in those instructions for Commander Firewall...did you clik the wrong link ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jacobey

Greenhorn

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »
        i meant COMODO i am sorry that was my mistake in reading and spelling =[

JJ 3000

Egghead
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »
        jacobey, with all the different problems you're describing, the quickest fix would be to restore the computer back to factory settings. Dell has instructions for this here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_336966&isLegacy=true#Issue3

This will restore the computer back to the way it was when it came out of the box. Keep in mind this will erase everything that you have saved on the computer. All of your pictures, music, etc.. will be wiped out, gone. If you have an external hard drive or a flash drive you could save some of the files that you don't want to lose before you do the restore.

You don't have to do this, but like I said, it would probably be the quickest way to get the computer back to a usable state again. If you don't want to erase everything then post your logs on the virus removal board and they will get you cleaned up.
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.
        http://www.petfinder.com/

jacobey

Greenhorn

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »
          thank you jj but i have logs that i think are the problem i went to sleep last night woke up and have some logs and programs that need to be checked out. I am about to post them now thank you for the link too.