Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Abit NF-M2S Motherboard  (Read 3301 times)

thomastt37

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Abit NF-M2S Motherboard
    « on: January 21, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »
    Hi Can anyone advise please?
    I have an Abit Micro ATX Motherboard NF-M2S with AMD 64 3200+ cpu Nvidia 8500GT 500mb PCIe video card.500W PSU :'( I am currently operating Win 7 Ultimate 32bit.I have installed only 1x Kingston DDR2 PC 5300 1GB but there are two RAM slots on this Motherboard.I have just purchased another 2GB stick of DDR2 PC5300 RAM. I removed the 1GB RAM from NO..1 slot and fitted the 2GB the PC booted up normally to Windows.When I fitted the 1GB stick into NO..2 Slot the PC wont boot and just gives a long bleep bleep.I have removed the battery unplugged the psu from the Motherboard and cleared the CMOS but now the Motherboard will not POST even with just the original 1GB of RAM in Slot 1 and nothing in Slot 2?
    I previously checked the BIOS and the DRAM setting is at AUTO..I am begining to wonder if there is something wrong with RAM slot 2.I have cleaned it with Isopropyl alcohol and the slot is free from any debris.Is this just a PICKY Motherboard? I cant contact ABIT now as they went out of business in 2009! so any help would be much appreciated  Michael.

Raptor

Re: Abit NF-M2S Motherboard
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:53:25 PM »
    So the 1GB RAM stick simply doesn't work? Probably suffered from ESD, then.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Abit NF-M2S Motherboard
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
    So the 1GB RAM stick simply doesn't work? Probably suffered from ESD, then.

Sounds like an accurate judgement to me.

Does the board POST with the 2GB stick in slot 2 by itself? (Nothing in slot 1)
    If the board will not post with just the single 1GB stick in either slot, but will post with the 2GB, you have a bad stick of RAM.