Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Officejet 6500 printer head problem  (Read 4611 times)

02bin3

HP Officejet 6500 printer head problem
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »
I have an HP Officejet 6500 wireless printer that was working fine for the past 2 years.  I replaced the three color cartridges with 3 that I'd bought over the internet as "remanufactured" cartridges.  They wouldn't work as the printer refused to recognize that they were even there.  Sent an email to the company I'd bought them from and they informed me that they'd had problems with those cartridges and would be putting 3 new ones in the mail.  Fine.  Got the new ones about 4 days later, installed them, and then the black cartridge that had been OK, was no longer working.  Put the printer through the cleaning cycle enumerable times and nothing helped.  Even tried blowing the little filter screens out with compressed air and that didn't help, either.  Installed a new black cartridge and the printer recognized it as a refilled HP cartridge, but it still wouldn't print.  In the meantime, the color cartridges are getting more streaky every time I put it through the cleaning cycle.  I am assuming that the print head is not a part of these particular cartridges.  If that is the case, how do I get to the print heads to clean them?  Thank you

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: HP Officejet 6500 printer head problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
Have you tried aligning/calibrating them through the hp software?

02bin3

Re: HP Officejet 6500 printer head problem
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
Yes, I have, and I also re-calibrated it back to the Default to see if that would work, and so far, nothing has worked.  In desperation I dug up all of my info on the printer and found that I'd bought a $19.99 extra warranty that kicked in after the manufacturer warranty expired.  Had totally forgotten about it.  Called their 800 number and their techie walked me through a few things that didn't work so they will be sending out a new printer.  Thank you for your time and interest.