Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: word document minimizes on taskbar if i open second document!!  (Read 6228 times)

kmohaan

Topic Starter

Rookie

word document minimizes on taskbar if i open second document!!
    « on: January 30, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »
    Dear all :D
    previously i have posted for Trojan issue and subsequently received responses from your team on time :D
    Now i am interested to know or get rid of issue with word 2003, installed in windows home basic 7 platform.......

I work in several Word 2003 documents (on Windows 7 platform) at the same time. When I open the first document it stays open (maximized). If I open a second document, the document opens, but then immediately minimizes down to the task bar. Same result if I open a third document. If I click on the minimized documents to open them again, they open and stay open. why I am seeing a button for each open document in the Task Bar.

with Thanks
     :D :D :D :D

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: word document minimizes on taskbar if i open second document!!
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »
    Right-click on the START button - Properties - Taskbar - Group Similar Taskbar Buttons

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
    Right-click on the START button - Properties - Taskbar - Group Similar Taskbar Buttons
    That applies to Windows XP, not to Windows 7.

If I click on the minimized documents to open them again, they open and stay open. why I am seeing a button for each open document in the Task Bar.

I think your usage of "open" is not technically correct.  I believe, under general usage of the term, a minimized document is open.  What you really mean, I believe, is maximize a Word file that is open but minimized. 

I have Office 2003 installed on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter but, if I understand your issue correctly, I don't know what would cause that or how to change it.  Can you post a screen capture of the Word buttons on your taskbar so that we can be absolutely clear on what you're describing?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
    That applies to Windows XP, not to Windows 7.
    You are essentially correct - didn't notice which forum I was in - thanks :)
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/group-and-organize-program-icons-in-windows-7-taskbar-with-bins/