Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: synchronize file manager doesn't show folders  (Read 4371 times)

synchronize file manager doesn't show folders
« on: September 14, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »
I am trying to synchronize and or delete the same files located in different  drives and folders. When i bring up sync. file manager, only my documents shows up. All the drives and folders that i am trying to sync. are either on the same drive in different folders or on shared drives through my server or on a firewire backup drive.

merlin_2

Re: synchronize file manager doesn't show folders
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 03:43:34 PM »
List system specs.......

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 12:23:16 AM »
    Which OS?
    Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 09:32:17 AM »
    My primary computer is a dell laptop with 512 k, 2 network cards and a pentium 3 processor, operating with xp pro. I also use a firewire drive and Samantec Ghost to back up. This laptop is used mainly at work, but also taken home.  At the office it is part of two networks, primary network is based on Server 2000. I have somehow ended up with 3 Customer folders with multiple subfolders (one customer) in each, on the laptop. I also have a customer folder as described above on a mapped sharred drive on the 2000 server. Because i work at home i have the same files in the aforementioned folders (but not the latest version in each) and i am trying to consolidate files and folders so that i end up with the identical Customer folder in my laptop and on the server, and to continue to synchronize those two folders in the future