Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard and Sound Card Help  (Read 4326 times)

Enigmattica7

Motherboard and Sound Card Help
« on: September 06, 2005, 07:51:01 PM »
Hey guys, I just completely redid my whole comp and I have a few problems. 1. I have 2 copies of Windows XP Pro on my comp and works and one is corrupt. How can I get rid of just the corrput one? 2. My CD for my Asus P4GE-MX motherboard is broken. I downloaded the drivers for it and the file is in .bin format and the readme says nothing about how to work this file. How can I open it? 3. My sound card drivers keep freezing and giving me the blue screen no matter if I install it from the CD or the download. What can I do? Is it because of the motherboard drivers?  4. After installing all of my drivers, and programs on my computer it seems to have a hard time starting up and getting going. I keep getting the blue screen whether it's normal boot up and sometimes using the last known good configuration. What can this be?

That's all right now. Thanks for the help in advance,

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced

Enigmattica7

Re: Motherboard and Sound Card Help
    « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 07:52:54 AM »
    Yeah i did all that no prob. It still doesn't answer my questions. Should I just go ahead and restart everything all over again?

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 08:26:19 AM »
      Yeah i did all that no prob.

Then how did you get 2 copies of XP on your computer?
      Did you even read the link?
      yeah, yeah, yeah.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:46:49 AM »
      Yeah i did all that no prob. It still doesn't answer my questions. Should I just go ahead and restart everything all over again?

Did you even read the link?

Are you trying to test our patience? You did not even bother to read the article. You simply nodded yes to something you have no idea about! This is shameful and negligent.

Enigmattica7

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »
      Yes I did read it all the way 3 times in fact. I have everything on the checklist. I tried to install XP it wouldn't finish. So then when I went to reinstall it I deleted the partition and created a new one and installed XP. That's the one that works fine. Now if I deleted the partition and then created a new one I shouldn't have 2 XPs. Besides this isn't the main problem it's the other questions that are.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 12:37:55 PM »
      Try using a disk management program to write zeroes to the entire HDD. This will ensure that no OS remain.

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 02:05:32 PM »
        Partition deleted & re-created...
        XP installed...
        Now there is 2 XPs...
        He's all yours Raptor  ::)

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 11:55:54 PM »
        Yes, delete ALL the partitions and reinstall. I don't think you'll get through this otherwise.