Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Picture's that were deleted still show up?  (Read 2970 times)

woahscam

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Picture's that were deleted still show up?
    « on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
    Hi I have a windows vista, and for some reason some pictures saved to my C: drive, won't delete, but they were in a long list of folders, so of course seeing this I deleted the one folder within the C drive and thought that that would fix the problem, nope, I now can search the start menu search and still see the pictures within there, but when trying to open they give me the ERROR: Failed to open document or trying to delete them: ERROR: the C:\users\users.. folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted. Then it will ask me if I would like to create the file and if i click yes it'll not be there or it too can't be deleted. Thoughts how I could possible get rid of these pictures?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Picture's that were deleted still show up?
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:08 PM »
    How are you viewing the files? If they're deleted from within the folder they are stored they should no longer exist. If you're viewing them from a Internet browser or possibly a program that caches the files it's possible that they may be in the cache or temporary folder of that program and you'll need to empty that programs cache. You may also want to run disk cleanup by clicking Start and in the search for programs box type "clean" and then click on the Disk Cleanup icon. In disk cleanup check download program files, temporarily internet files, recycle bin, thumbnails, and temporary files.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein