Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Files not coming up  (Read 7626 times)

bubs

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Files not coming up
    « on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
    Hello, My files, pictures,downloads, etc...will not come up. An icon will show at the bottom of the screen though. I took a screen shot & on it there appears to be two screens, the one I can see and another one to the right which I can not see. My files are on that screen. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. I have an Asus motium and an Acer monitor. Thank you for any help.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Files not coming up
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
    I took a screen shot & on it there appears to be two screens, the one I can see and another one to the right which I can not see. My files are on that screen. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. I have an Asus motium and an Acer monitor. Thank you for any help.
    Ah I see... You have merely fudged up your display settings. Right-click on your desktop, hit "Display properties", and make sure that no display other than your primary display is marked as "Attached." Do not extend your desktop to any other displays, be they virtual or physical.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

bubs

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
      Thank you so very much! It was worded a bit different at first, but close enough I could do it. Thanks again!

bubs

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
        How did I mess it up in the first place, for I can be sure not to do it again...lol

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
        If you have plugged your computer into another monitor before and forgot to set it back to the original settings, that could have caused the problem.
        Also if you ever installed a program like this: http://www.zoneos.com/zonescreen.htm which includes a virtual VGA driver and didn't adjust the settings appropriately...

But don't worry, for its always good to experiment, if you don't mess something up or run into something you want to solve you won't learn...
        In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
        Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none