Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zone alarm  (Read 3017 times)

Nigel

Zone alarm
« on: September 17, 2005, 02:33:08 AM »
I use the free version of zone alarm and have just installed there free 15 day trial of the anti virus product.
The problem is that it seems to have stopped me accessing my emails. I seems to be baring me from connecting to the server.
I've had this problem before, but as it was a while ago can't remeber how i fixed it??

Oh and i'm using Thunderbird as my emailer

cheers

Raptor

Re: Zone alarm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:54:45 AM »
You should be able to configure the virus scanner from ZoneAlarm.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:42 AM »
Has the 15 day trial expired?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Nigel

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:28:11 AM »
I sorted it by uninstalling it and down loading and re installing the free version.
I seem to to  remember It doing exactly the same thing last time as well as stopping me from logging into work.
It seems to re configue my settings and it took me a while to figure out then, so just seemed easier to re-instal

cheers

Nigel

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »
By the way another thing I noticed was that the upgrade really slowed my pc down, seems to be a bit of a memory sucker

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 02:27:30 PM »
Virus scanners always slow a computer down. Especially if they support real-time monitoring.

Is your problem resolved by uninstalling the firewall and reinstalling the free version? If not, you should check your E-mail settings.

Nigel

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 03:35:18 PM »
i'm sorted i've got a good virurus scannervb(avg)and micosoft does my spyware, so fingures crossed..