Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Won't connect to Internet at all  (Read 2402 times)

Ritak

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Won't connect to Internet at all
    « on: March 02, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
    My hp pavilion dv6000 with vista will not connect to the Internet.
    I do not have Internet at home so I generally use Internet cafes and such. My iPod still connects (am typing this on my iPod) the windows network diagnostics window says that the computer is experiencing a network connectivity problem and does not offer any suggestions. It has been suggested to me that my computer might have been set to work offline. Where do I go to check this?
    I really need help as I will be moving to Alaska soon and email will be the only way to communicate with family.

Raptor

Re: Won't connect to Internet at all
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »
    I really need help as I will be moving to Alaska soon and email will be the only way to communicate with family.

Get it checked out by a professional. Don't want it failing on you in the middle of nowhere.

So does the connection apply to both wireless and wired connections? Are you running a firewall? Are you running anti-virus?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Won't connect to Internet at all
    « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
    I do not have Internet at home so I generally use Internet cafes and such
    First thing is to connect to a reliable network that you regularly connect. You might have numerous network profiles that needed to be removed from different open networks.