Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop help  (Read 3096 times)

1tradnwilli

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    laptop help
    « on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
    I have a m35x-161 Toshiba laptop and it shuts down within 3 min after turning it on, I've replaced the inverter twice and it still does it. When I push the button at the back of the machine that turns off the screen when lid is closed the screen comes back up for about 6 seconds and sometimes only 2 seconds so I have to keep flipping the button. (when it goes out, it dims, you see shadows in the back ground), I hooked it up to a monitor and still the same.....what is there left that I've overlooked?????  HELP   ??? ??? ??? ::)  >:( >:( :'( ???

Raptor

Re: laptop help
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:10 AM »
    Obviously not the inverter. Get it to a professional.

1tradnwilli

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
      Raptor,

Thanks for the advice, but I need to know what will fix this item.
      You see, I work on computers and give them away to Disable Vets....this one has me bugged, but I think that it might be the video card/chip, that means a new motherboard?  I don't think that the video chip/card can be changed.
      I've talked to several tech's too and that is what they think.
      But I really thank you for responding to my help question. Maybe in the future I can ask for your advice again.
       8) :D :) ;D
      1tradnwilli

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »
      Well, we won't know what you overlooked till you listed exactly what you did.