Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Settings and Files Messed up after Unplug  (Read 3188 times)

chase

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Settings and Files Messed up after Unplug
    « on: March 10, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »
    Hi! So my settings and files get messed up every time I use my computer after unplugging it (unplugging = while computer is off). When I start it up, I get this:

Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and continue

I press F2 (I have no idea what anything in the setup means, I'm an idiot on computers) and I can use it normally except there are a bunch of visual changes (theme, other things) and missing files, or at least I think so; all games I've tried won't start or will start and have many things missing and not work.

After Googling this a bit it seems like my battery is failing and I need to get a new one. I can do that, but meanwhile how do I get back my things? When this has happened before I just did a system restore, but this time there aren't any restore points so I guess I'm stuck. One time I remember finding something that worked, it was typing something in the command prompt but I can't find how to do that anymore... so I'm  here.

Is there a topic on here showing how to get specs and what to show?
    Sorry I'm so difficult lol

truenorth

Guru

Re: Settings and Files Messed up after Unplug
      « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
      Please tell us information re the computer and also what operating system you are using? Curious as to why you are "unplugging " your computer? Is this a laptop?truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Settings and Files Messed up after Unplug
      « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
      Part # CR 2032...available pretty much anywhere...
      Remove all power sources when replacing it and take anti - static precautions...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "