Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Backdoor.sheldor - Trojan horse  (Read 6458 times)

JamesB

Backdoor.sheldor - Trojan horse
« on: July 07, 2004, 09:00:55 AM »
I have the virus referenced above.  Everytime I start my computer I receive the error message "E47150: Incorrect MPEG data format."  I have Windows ME.  When I try to boot into safe mode or normal mode nothing comes on the desk top, and there are no items in the task manager.  I have no functionality.  Is there any way to bypass the boot routine so that I can get to the command prompt?

Joleen

Re: Backdoor.sheldor - Trojan horse
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 09:14:09 AM »
You can put in a boot disk and get to the command prompt that way but the safe mode options screen should provide an option to boot to prompt.

Joleen

Re: Backdoor.sheldor - Trojan horse
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 09:22:45 AM »
Backdoor.sheldor - Trojan horse on: Today at 9:18am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks.  But, there are only 4 options in the when I press F8 at startup and none are to start in "Safe Mode with command prompt only" and (silly me) I lost the boot disk.  Any ideas where I can download from?  

**Moved from a PM**
I think Mac has a link to a site with bootdisk downloads.  Look for any post of his and the link will be at the bottom.