Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: drop and drag converted movies or music files to iphone  (Read 6865 times)

cjt3rd

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    drop and drag converted movies or music files to iphone
    « on: March 22, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »
    Hi I have been using itunes for years and been converting movies to mp4 format then putting them onto my phone..I recently updated to version 5.1 and ever since I cant drop and drag anything..Not even music to library..I keep getting a black circle with a line through it.. I have searched the net for solutions, the main one being that I have not ticked the manually manage music and videos,,This box is checked and I still cant...As I said even music downloaded to desktop cant be dragged into the library...I hope someone can help..

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: drop and drag converted movies or music files to iphone
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

Converting movies to iPhone has two important issues.
    1. The movie has to be scaled to fit the iPhone display.
    2. The format has to be one the iPhone supports.

The term "MP4" is a general way of talking about compressed videos that have similar specs.

Did you say you are using a Windows PC? Here is just one of many places that claim they have a free, simple way to convert any video to an iPhone
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/free-video-to-iphone-converter.htm

But I have not tried this. I don't have an iPhone.

There is an old program called "Format Factory"  that I have use to convert movies to to some hand held devices, but not iPh0ne. They say it does iPhone.
    http://www.formatoz.com/

truenorth

Guru

Re: drop and drag converted movies or music files to iphone
      « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »
      Small portable devices that are designed to be able to store and play Mp4 video files often have a very precise file size above which they will not accept the file.truenorth