Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Accidentally deleted ffdshow/Icon Interface problem  (Read 4149 times)

@archerylvr

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Accidentally deleted ffdshow/Icon Interface problem
    « on: March 29, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
    First I'd like to say that I am a novice with very little to know computer experience so please bear with me as I try to explain my problem(s).

After having several problems with my ffmpeg in several failed attempts to convert some video files to AVI, I wanted to delete and reinstall or download another program in the hopes that it would resolve the problem. Unfortunately I inadvertently deleted the FFDshow instead subsequently losing the ability to access or Interface "all" programs on my HDD.

Since I've deleted the ffdshow all of my Icons are blank and when I attempt to access any of them I get an error message "no such >:( interface located" or something to that affect. I tried to do a system restore but can't since no part of my c-drive is accessible. Therefore, if anyone could help me recover the deleted ffdshow I'd appreciate it.

I'm running Win7, 32-bit on a MSI computer.

Thanks,

Archery_Lvr

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Accidentally deleted ffdshow/Icon Interface problem
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
    hi Archerylvr,

Are you wanting to view videos or are you wanting to convert videos?

For converting video, try the Freemake Video Convert. Last I tried it, my conversions came out with good results.

Regarding ffdshow, the following links seem to have information on where to get it again so you can reinstall.

www.free-codecs.com/download/ffdshow.htm
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/ffdshow.cfm

Hope it works out, let us know  :)

@archerylvr

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
      Hi 2x3i5x,

Please bear with me because I think you missed the point of my post.   The issue I have having problems with that's paramount pertains to not being able to access any part of my computer due to the "no such interface supported." and not the movie conversion issue.   The movie conversion issue I can address at a later time.

Again, due to my error in deleting ffdshow I can't access any of part of my computer from the c-drive or the desktop Icons.  ie, I can't run any anti-virus software, access windows restore, control panel,accessories and so on.  This unfortunately happened after I mistakenly deleted the program so I presume that's what caused the problem.  Whatever the case or problem, my ultimate and immediate goal is to be able to once again click on an Icon or a program and it successfully links/interface to whatever program necessary to make it work or function. 

Thanks again for any assistance.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:06:08 PM by @archerylvr »

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
      So I see now, your problems began after you deleted ffdshow?

See if you can get anything working if you boot into safe mode.

@archerylvr

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
        Yes,

I've tried to correct the problem in safe-mode to no avail.  The Icons are still white and can't be accessed.