Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software assassins?  (Read 4215 times)

Arc

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Software assassins?
    « on: April 07, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
    A friend has tasked me to figure out their cash register, which is a Sharp XE-A21S. It can take an SD card or hook to a computer with a USB cable. My main problem is I can't find the software for it. It's not on the SharpUSA site and my google-ing has just turned up a some dead links. I would like to find the software so I can back it up. There's an empty CD case in the manual that says "Customer Support Tool XE-A21S" I've been searching for a while and just can't find it.

Am I just rusty or did the program just vanish from the internet? :o

Thanks,

Eli
    You've got to stop taking life so seriously;

or you'll never make it out alive

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Software assassins?
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

If you can not get information from Sharp, the maker, it must be a unpublished or obsolete device not supported. by Sharp.
    You best recourse is to co find t the company who installed the device.

The  topic title is not clear.
    You could have said 'Help with pinpoint-of-sale SD card.'

Are you sure it is an SD cared?
    It may be a ASIC in a SD package.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Software assassins?
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:02:19 AM »
    I found this through Sharp support. They didn't list the A21S, but this is the software for the A22S, which as far as I can tell is the same register, just in black instead of white (?). If this doesn't work for you, I'd say call Sharp and ask them.

http://www.sharp-idncservice.com/DesktopModules/SharpUSAModule/SharpUSA_dlViewFile.aspx?IDFile=10752&file=Sharp%20XE-A22S%20software.zip&location=\\10.0.10.65\Index\SharpUSA\SharpUSAModuleFiles\Sharp%20XE-A22S%20software.zip&From=SharpUSA

Or you could try asking this guy really nicely to send you a copy of the software before he sells his A21S in the next 3 days:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-XE-A21S-Electronic-POS-Cash-Register-/320867361059?pt=BI_Cash_Registers&hash=item4ab52f6123