Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: M$ Office "Click-to-Run" uninstall  (Read 3946 times)

ale52

Topic Starter

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    M$ Office "Click-to-Run" uninstall
    « on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
    Hi everyone,

Haven't been around for awhile...sorry about that but when you have 10 acres devastated by a fire and all your personal forest is gone and you need to replant and irrigate it doesn't leave you much time for anything else.

Anyway...the issue. I have a client with a new HP laptop / W7-64bit / M$ Office starter installed. She has purchased Outlook 2010 online and when she goes to install it the message comes up "This 64-bit product may not be installed with Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. Remove Microsoft Office Click-to-Run and try again."

After a little research M$ says the following..."to uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 from your computer, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
        Click the Add or Remove Programs item or click the Programs and Features item.
        In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 and then click Uninstall.
        Click Yes when you are prompted to remove all applications that were installed by Office Click-to-Run.

Now the question is if she runs the uninstall does it remove, according to M$, Word and Excel, which she needs? or just the C2R installer?

Thanks folks.

Alan <><
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!