Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't recognize my cpu or ram  (Read 3872 times)

Bfischb1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer won't recognize my cpu or ram
    « on: April 18, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »
    I have a windows vista computer and I recently did a factory restore on it. After I did that everything went wrong. The computer is running so slow and when I go into system properties it doesn't recognize my cpu or ram. I updated the machine and everything like that but how can i fix this issue. also when i start the computer up it usually has a windows logo but now it doesn't.  Please help.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer won't recognize my cpu or ram
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

Some more derails are needed. What make and model is the computer and what type. It has Visa ta and you did a restore. Before that you had some troubles? Virus? System crash?

Can you still get on the internet? Do you have a USB flash and does you computer allow you to boot up from a Flash drive? That would be a way to see if the problem might be with only the hard drive and not thee rest of the computer.

TMGS Computer Diagnostics
    September 2010
    TMGS Computer Diagnostics.
    There are many great computer diagnostics tool suites on the market, but all of them will set you back a few bucks.  The TMGS staff decided to compile a list of our favorite free computer diagnostics and package them in a USB flash drive format for use on any system.

Hope that might help. If you PC is not working well, get a friend to download the program and put nit on a Flash drive.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:17:06 PM by Geek-9pm »