Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help: Modem software won't completely uninstall (win98se)  (Read 9845 times)

zanet

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Help: Modem software won't completely uninstall (win98se)
    « on: April 21, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »
    I have an old usb alcatel dsl modem that isn't working. The screen freezes when I try to connect to the internet, so I tried a fresh install but it's still doing the same thing. No error messages, just freezes. The actual hardware seems fine and says it's connected. I've uninstalled the software, removed any remaining files and folders and also run a registry cleaner to find and remove the reg keys but still no joy. Is there anything else I need to do to completely remove the software from the system before I try again? I used ccleaner, free reg cleaner and regclean so far. Is there anything else that would be hidden in the system that I need to remove that's causing a conflict? I've also ran antivirus and antispyware but they didn't pick up anything.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help: Modem software won't completely uninstall (win98se)
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
    This is probably related to your other post about USB not working properly since it is a USB modem.