Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loading Windows 98 Upgrade issues.  (Read 36001 times)

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Loading Windows 98 Upgrade issues.
    « Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
    Is there such a thing as 'Mozilla Firefox for DUMMIES?'
    "Get away son you bother me"...W.C. Fields

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »
    ... Model TS30H Inspiron 3000 M266XT Notebook....
    Mine is the TS30I, Compal Computer Corp. of Taiwan
    I put in 2-256MB PC66 RAM modules in the user accessible slots.  They were from a Dell Inspiron 8000 & they worked.  With the 32MB module buried inside the 1st hidden slot, that's 544MB.

Windows 2000 preceded Windows XP.

Win2k does not support IE7, 8, etc., so you're stuck with IE6 or FF.  FF does not replace IE, you can't uninstall IE6.  You just have to start using it to get used to it.  It's a browser, start surfing.

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »
      Mine is the TS30I, Compal Computer Corp. of Taiwan
      I put in 2-256MB PC66 RAM modules in the user accessible slots.  They were from a Dell Inspiron 8000 & they worked.  With the 32MB module buried inside the 1st hidden slot, that's 544MB.

Windows 2000 preceded Windows XP.

Win2k does not support IE7, 8, etc., so you're stuck with IE6 or FF.  FF does not replace IE, you can't uninstall IE6.  You just have to start using it to get used to it.  It's a browser, start surfing.

In your opinion do you think those modules will work in this Dell 3000 I have?

Thanks.

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
        Hi Monte how are you my friend? Do you remeber me? I have that nasty daughter that I spoke to you about that I put a computer together for and I was going to buy the slocket set up from you a while back. I got that computer back anyway, but I bet you don't have the slockets you spoke to me about.

I'm still messing with computers my wife brings home for me. Getting a little better at it.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        « Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
        I do have the Slockets around here somewhere.  I'm now down to 3 computers, just can't get rid of the TS30I, paid over $2000 for it in 1999.  128MB RAM module was $125.  8GB HD was $100 option.  has 1-USB 1.1 port.
        What RAM modules are you asking will work?
        TS30H & TS30I are almost identical.  Mine's actually a Quantex, now defunct.

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
          The ones you mentioned above for your TS30I...you stated that you put in 2-256MB PC66 RAM modules in the user accessible slots which were from a Dell Inspiron 8000 with the 32MB module buried inside the first hidden slot that's 544MB. If those will work in my TS30H Dell Inspiron 3000 I just may give it a try.

You were asking $25.00 or $35.00 plus shipping for some slockets that you made up, if my memory is correct, that were  Pentium III's and said would work with the EPoX ep-61BXA-m motherboard with one Pentium II in the computer I had given my daughter, which would enable me to reclock it as well. I have pics you sent me of it but I can't remember what I did with them. Or was it 2 slockets that would work with  the Tyan S1682 motherboard that has 2 Pentium II's in another computer I have. I'll have to do a search on this forum to re-read what we were actually talking about. Do you remember any of this?

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
            I found it. It was $25.00 plus shipping for a SLOCKET/CPU/FAN with only 2 wires which I wanted to put in the EPox ep-61BXA-m motherboard with a Pentium II and re-clock it for more speed. If you still want to sell I'm willing to give it a try to see what improvement I can make. I never deleted the PM you sent me about it. I even still have your website address as well. Let me know.
            « Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:09:44 PM by 69Z28 »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            « Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
            PM Sent.

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
              Will the slocket be hard to install? Also we were talking about re-clocking once installed if I remember. I did finally find the manual and was reading it last night, but I'm not sure about what should be done and if there is anything I may need to change.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
              « Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slotket
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_1
              Pull the old Slot 1 cpu out, insert the Slocket.
              There's locking tabs at the top of the cpu which locks it to the vertical arms.  Unlock them before attempting to pull the old one out.

Not re-clocking, overclocking, if the motherboard supports it.  Review of your motherboard:  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/440bx-motherboard-review,91-8.html

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
                PM sent.