Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: want to delete history from...isp?  (Read 32724 times)

STC

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
want to delete history from...isp?
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »
I am paranoid that google is watching me, because they have been sending me tracking cookies, i formatted my PC and when i go to google stuff, it still auto completes, and sites i been before are purple in link....how does google know i have been there before? I did 3 clean installs of windows today.

Does my isp track my browsing then tell google and everyone?

what all can i do?

i need to secure my PC - then all my emails - and restore my tablet and cellphones with custom firmware.

I am tired of being a victim of the system!

What else do i need to do?

Does my ISP track my history? will a modem reset fix clean it?
~STC

STC

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: want to delete history from...isp?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
also i have started using secure search engine.
~STC

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »
If he is really paranoid, Here are six things he can do:
0. Take Prozac daily
1. Legally change his name.
2. Move to another city.
3. Buy a new PC and cell phone.
4. Ignore all his friends.
5. With no friends, no need for e-mail.

(|  (|

STC

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:14:53 AM »
Hey what is the most private email?
Found hushmail, but the fact they try to prove themselves with testimonials makes me think its a trap

Don't trust google so either hotmail or yahoo
~STC

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
Hey what is the most private email?
For a price, maybe 25$ per year, you can rent a virtual host and manage your own email servers. Many people do it.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »
A paid account from https://www.fastmail.fm/mail/personal.html might be a good choice.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 03:28:29 AM »
First of all, to those being so, stop being rude and childish. There's no need for it. If you don't have something useful to contribute, then don't contribute.

Now, back to your question STC:
If you're using any browser that has a syncing feature (ex. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and the feature is enabled, it could be syncing things from that. It's the only thing I can think of that would still keep track of websites you've visited/bookmarked/filled in stuff/etc. and carry over through a format because of it. If you're using a syncing feature, try disabling it. If you're logged into Google when searching, log out as well. Google does save your search history. Also note that Google offers automatic suggestions as you type in the search box. This are based on your past searches as well as other people's searches that appear similar in wording to what you're searching for.

Your ISP would not have an effect the links you see in your browser already appearing as visited. Resetting your modem will not do anything.

But just some advice, and I mean this in the nicest way:
The internet is not a private or secure place. Most things you do online are documented somehow by someone/something, whether it's the logging of your IP address by a website you visited/posted on or your search history or the Youtube videos you've viewed or a profile on a social website you think you "deleted". Even if you're not logged in to a website, your IP address has likely been saved.

It's like digging in the trash and trying to keep yourself germ-free. It just doesn't happen.

The best advice I can give you is to learn to live with that or to stay off the internet altogether. While wanting to remain completely private is understandable, it's just not possible in an online world. Somehow, somewhere, there will be a record of your visit, your IP, something.

Relax, breathe a bit, and don't worry so much.

Fizzaali

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
    Download a software available in market now in which, The Browser History tab reports all the historical browsing data recorded by your browsers. In this tab you will be able to choose whether you want to select specific urls to delete, specific urls to replace with another, fictitious address, or simply delete them all. it will be very help full for you.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    « Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 12:35:53 AM »
    Good morning Fizzaali and welcome

If you are talking about 3rd party cookies they can be rejected from your browser.
    There are programs that can do full history delete
    Yes web sites like google / your ISP / Cell phone company etc do track you.

Now days the only way to be almost 100% of the grid is disconnect from Internet, sell the cell phone etc (I am not trying to be a wise guy ;D)

Is this what you are talking about, would you like help finding programs to clean up your internet history etc.

Please let us know if we can help any more, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?