Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: online flash game  (Read 4480 times)

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    online flash game
    « on: May 31, 2012, 02:42:12 AM »
    hello

this is not a new problem for me  :-\  i have been trying to play online games but i have never been able to  :-[  i run windows xp and i ensure that my computer is always updated with all the updates i know java, flash player, shockwave and just installed internet explorer 8 but no use i just cant run the games

i took a screenshot of one of the websites may someone know what is the problem

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: online flash game
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:19:07 AM »
    Is it a problem with Friv.com only, or any website that uses flash?

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »
      all websites  :(

though i am sure i have the latestest adobe flash player and shockwave player

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:40:44 AM »
        Here is a response given to another member with what appears to be the same problem from April. If it works for you credit should be given to contributor Lisa-maree.
        "Ladytron
        Topic Starter

Computer: Specs
        Experience: Familiar

Re: Unable to load games on Shockwave.com.
        « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »   

I'm finally able to load games on Shockwave!     Thank you Lisa_Maree!!!

Here's what I did:

I downloaded/installed Mozilla Firefox browser. Then I uninstalled both Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave Flash Player. Then I restarted my computer, and re-installed both Players. Then opened the Firefox browser, went to Shockwave.com, and it said I needed to install both Players (for some reason). So, I let it install the Players again. After that, I was able to load the game I wanted.

Thank you again, Lisa. I truly appreciate it."

My recommendation should you need to attempt this suggestion would be to install another browser such as Opera or Mozilla prior to following the suggestion. truenorth

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »
          thanks alot but i am using internet explorer and i dont want to convert to firefox since the same problem appears in all my school computers which also runs internet explorer so i need another solution

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »
            I find your response quite intriguing. The self inflicted restraints you are placing on possible solutions is very interesting. I can understand that you cannot alter the parameters of the "school" computers as i am sure that would NOT be permitted. However if your own computer is yours and not the schools i see no reason why you cannot implement the suggestion only if the purpose is temporary to determine if it would alter the outcome.You can always uninstall and revert back to that which is NOT working. If on the other hand it did work then you would be in a position to inform the school tech people and should they be inclined they could apply the same fix to their computers.Is it possible that your school has instituted a process to PREVENT students from playing games on school computers?truenorth