Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can someone recommend a good 'Duplicate Image Finder'?  (Read 10336 times)

Curious Mew

Topic Starter

• i'm curious!
    • Experience: Experienced
    Can someone recommend a good 'Duplicate Image Finder'?
    « on: June 12, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »
    Hi, I'm in need of a type of freeware (w/no ads or toolbar addons) that can scan my computer for duplicate image files? I was interested in Visipics, but that program doesn't seem entirely compatible with my 64 bit computer, which is kind of unfortunate because it looked pretty good.

Has anybody tried any of these, and could make a good recommendation?

Thanks,
    Mew  :)

badai_nila

Rookie

• ~.-SmAlL mAn In ThIs BiG wOrLd-.~
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Can someone recommend a good 'Duplicate Image Finder'?
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »
    there are plenty of that program, but 1st u must know is, no matter how good the program,it only detect in this area
    1. the size is same
    2. modify date and time is same
    3. the name have same string although not same at all

n many more filter that i forgot

so it just detect any same file with the attribute same or exactly like u select from filter setting. so if u have several same image with same name in plenty of location like in my document, in my local disk d, external drive, then it okay to use this program. but in case u have many picture that u thought are same, then it will became more frustrated in result. but many program offer u preview function that will let u see if the image is actually copy or just another image with same name like if u use digital camera the name always have the camera name n follow by some number right. that will be tricky.

so here i will give multiple choice of what i test n tried before. but always check the file n not just select the duplicate n delete, cause u will sorry after tat. always check the result before select and delete.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/search.php?boolean=all&categoryid=1&query=duplicate+file+finder&boolean=exact&type=all&B1.x=0&B1.y=0

most in here i test n try before. so download all n see with one is suit ur need, n with one is more usefull to u. always check, check, and check. don't just rely on this program in full, they just system n must do the last touch. have fun

more choice please go here n see what u will need n must have.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/search.php?boolean=all&categoryid=1&query=duplicate&boolean=exact&type=all&B1.x=0&B1.y=0
    All It Matter Is Pure Heart And Sincerity

Curious Mew

Topic Starter

• i'm curious!
      « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »
      @badai_nila

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it. I'm usually careful with my files, but because I've never tried one of these programs before, it's good to have an idea of what I'm going up against.

Umm.. well, could anyone tell me if VisiPics would still do the job correctly on a 64bit computer? If 64bit is compatible with 32bit programs, it should work just fine, right??

I really want to try VisiPics. Lifehacker and MakeUseOf have spotlighted this program in the past, and I'm eager to try it out.. but I don't want to cause any problems to my system.

badai_nila

Rookie

• ~.-SmAlL mAn In ThIs BiG wOrLd-.~
      « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »
      then here a way to test any program but safe to system. but since i have no time to test this software before my pc broken, so i'm not sure how it was. but do please goto this fb page, read the reveiw in there, n follow the link to see the video of it at youtube nad lastly have the link to download it. but always read the requirement, hot to, reame n guide hhow to run this software from developer page n readme other sourge at info page of any software. here the link to fb topic n u must scrool down to mei section n find toolwiz time freeze post.

https://www.facebook.com/snapfiles

n here the quick link to download it, but still at the page also have the link. have fun n always be caution. if not sure, better not try anything.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/twtimefreeze.html
      All It Matter Is Pure Heart And Sincerity

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »
      Dupe Detector Specifically for images

DupliFinder Specifically for images

doublekiller for any file duplicates

similarimages Searches for compositional similarities between images

Visipics as well, which was already mentioned.

but that program doesn't seem entirely compatible with my 64 bit computer
      What makes you say this?

Umm.. well, could anyone tell me if VisiPics would still do the job correctly on a 64bit computer?
      Yes. Why wouldn't it?

This thread feels rigged.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

brantes

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
      yes Sure check this software http://duplicatefilesdeleter.com  I have been using this since ages.They update their software with new features always...GOOD ONE ! Enjoy !

Hi, I'm in need of a type of freeware (w/no ads or toolbar addons) that can scan my computer for duplicate image files? I was interested in Visipics, but that program doesn't seem entirely compatible with my 64 bit computer, which is kind of unfortunate because it looked pretty good.

Has anybody tried any of these, and could make a good recommendation?

Thanks,
      Mew  :)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
      Topic Closed.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "