Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE9 and amazon MP3  (Read 17287 times)

jtmt

Topic Starter

Beginner

IE9 and amazon MP3
    « on: June 26, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »
    I'm using IE9 in Windows Vista H.P. The last couple of weeks when I try to download an MP3 off Amazon, it fails every time. It will load in the Cloud player but won't download from there. India C.S says there is nothing they can do because it's a local file error. Also, some of the music I have downloaded from Amazon has disappeared. iTunes works fine, although can't figure out how to get that music to Windows Media Player. Is it the browser? It has been working up until now. Any ideas?                         
                                      Jim
    Jim

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: IE9 and amazon MP3
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
    I just purchased music from Amazon for the first time and downloaded it via IE9.  Since it worked for me, I don't know what your problem is.  I'm under the impression the amazon downloader uses Java.  Do you have Java installed and is it updated?  I just got a Java update today; it's Version 7 Update 5.   

And, do you have the Amazon MP3 Downloader installed?  Do you see it in your Programs menu?

Have you made any changes to your system since the last time you were able to download music?

Do you have any other browser installed?  If so, try using it to download music.

jtmt

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:26:40 AM »
      I tried IE8 but no luck. The only thing different was the error message. It said "Amazon Downloader has stopped working. Windows checking for solution". Have the latest Java and the downloader installed. Is there any way to burn a CD directly from Cloud player. I guess for sure it's not the browser.
      Jim

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »

I think soybean meant 'try another browser' like FireFox or Google Chrome, not a previous version of the same browser.
      11 cheers for binary !

jtmt

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
        Just tried Google Chrome. I think I'm losing my mind. There has to be something stupid that I'm missing. Actually, I bought a computer because my wife wanted to learn Word. She's barely touched it.
        Jim

wildiewill

Amazon MP3 Downloader
          « Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 05:14:07 AM »
          I'm having the same problem.  My Windows 7 laptop just received a new hard drive, so I'm going through re-establishing passwords and various settings that I had in the past.  Today, for the first time with this hard drive, I purchased a song at Amazon and experienced the same thing described here.  I used IE 10 and Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m and Firefox 20.0.1 and both returned the 'local file error' problem.  I went to the folder and unchecked "read only" to make sure I had write privileges.  I use lots of interactive sites that require Java to be up-to-date so I am sure my Java is OK. 

The song was from a new artist, and it failed to create a folder for the artist in addition to failing to download the song into the folder.

???

wildiewill

Fixed the Amazon MP3 problem!
            « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »
            When my hard drive was replaced, the Systems person misspelled my name in the username.  So even though we went to Control Panel - User Accounts and fixed the spelling there, the folder is still misspelled at C:\users.  I can't figure out how to rename the folder.  But to fix the Amazon download problem I went to Amazon MP3 Downloader window, clicked on File - Preferences, and changed the Download Folder location.