Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Built-in camera  (Read 2866 times)

philipkyk

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Built-in camera
    « on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
    I have an Asus Eee Pc 1005HAG Win7/32bit with built-in camera,which is enabled in BIOS,i discovered the in-built camera was not operational about a month ago,i then sought for help from the manufacturer but i could not get a definite solution,advising me to check on the Asus support website for a related problem,then i could get a clue to the solution,still i could not find one that addressed my case.
    what i found out was that on my computer under Device manager camera does not show up,drop down Imaging device opening the flags,you find only Lexmark x422 driver with a yellow exclamation label,a problem indicator,you don't find USB 2.O ....webcam attachment which by my understanding drivers for both these devices are missing and in that context and after consulting with Asus support again,i was referred to downloads site for my edition,i did download the camera drivers for edition Eee Pc 1005 HA but still they could not show up in Device manager and the camera did not function.when i tried to execute the compatibility test for this camera driver,the compatibility wizard-shield crashed as indicated in the report below;
    An unexpected error has occurred.The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.
    Package ID:                                PCW Diagnostic
    Path:                                          C:\windows\diagnostics\system\pcw
    Error code:                                 0x80131700
    Source:                                       Engine
    User:                                          xxxxxxxx
    Context:                                     Elevated 

with these two issues i kindly need help.

philipkyk