Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: {Help Request} - Silkroad Online Private Server  (Read 6478 times)

Chammiez

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    {Help Request} - Silkroad Online Private Server
    « on: July 03, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »
    Ok, here's the deal, I play silkroad online, an old MMORPG, the game works fine on my windows 7 laptop, I mean, I even run multiclient... lolz..But, now I'm trying a private server, ATMSRO, see I downloaded there full client, I ran the ATMSRO.exe as Admin, and... Nothing shows.. waited over an hour.. it done the little loading symbol for a second.. but still nothing loaded, so I tried running without running as admin, still nothing, I downloaded their patch, where you can just replace their files with the original game clients files if you already have them, and still nothing loads.

BUT! if I run on my windows XP desktop machine, it runs perfectly..it loads instantly, so went back to the windows 7 laptop and tried running in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 2 and 3, but with still nothing showing up.

I use AVG internet Security(Paid), and I set a firewall exception and a resistant shield exception, and still not showing up.

Could anyone please help me here? I've asked the GM, and he said he will look into it lolz, but thought I'd try and ask around see If I can get a fix. ^^

Thanks in advance.

Chammiez

Chammiez

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: {Help Request} - Silkroad Online Private Server
      « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:29:56 PM »
      Sorry, I couldn't find the edit button, so double posting, I apologise, if you wish to edit this in my my post please feel free,, =\ but anyways..

I got the original game launcher, and replaced the ATMSRO launcher with it, and the launcher opened up, showing ATMSRO graphics and text, but when I press Start the start button disappears, and then nothing loads up again..

I found out that it put's:

Silkroad.exe *32 in my processes, but it only stays there for about a minute then disappears.

My windows 7 is x64 I don't know if that would effect it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

immental1200

Re: {Help Request} - Silkroad Online Private Server
      « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »
      Sorry, I couldn't find the edit button, so double posting, I apologise, if you wish to edit this in my my post please feel free,, =\ but anyways..

I got the original game launcher, and replaced the ATMSRO launcher with it, and the launcher opened up, showing ATMSRO graphics and text, but when I press Start the start button disappears, and then nothing loads up again..

I found out that it put's:

Silkroad.exe *32 in my processes, but it only stays there for about a minute then disappears.

My windows 7 is x64 I don't know if that would effect it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Looking up the game it seems as if its only compatible for 32 bit windows, not 64.