Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: {Help Request} Windows 7 x32 compatibility mode  (Read 4798 times)

Chammiez

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    {Help Request} Windows 7 x32 compatibility mode
    « on: July 07, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
    Hello all, I was wondering if someone could help me please,

I have windows 7 ultimate x64, and I'm trying to run this game, (Private server of a MMORPG), and the GM say's that it needs a x32 operating system, but I would of though a x64 would run x32? I was just wondering if there was a way to run compatibility mode for win 7 x32 on a win 7 ultimate x64 machine?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: {Help Request} Windows 7 x32 compatibility mode
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
    What or Who is the GM?

Technically there isn't a x32 Operating System. 32-bit is "x86" architecture. x64 is a extension of x86 :)

The only programs that won't run on x64 are programs that use 16-bit code, since Windows no longer supports 16-bit programs. Usually that is only relevant for their setup programs, however.

-Does the program run? Have you tried it, and if so, what errors do you get?
    -What game?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Chammiez

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
      Hello, thanks for the reply. ^^

Well, the GM is some random guy from China I believe. xD lolz running the server..

and no the game doesn't run at all, you click it and it shows the loading symbol thing but doesn't open anything, it shows kin the processes for about a split second, then dissapears.. The game is ATMSRO, a silkroad online private server, theres no errors at all, it just wont show, but works fine on my windows xp machine..

I have a whole new post about that here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,131806.0.html

The guy knows about this, but his just taking his sweet time to fix, so been trying to self fix for a while. xD with no luck.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »
      Good evening

You can try compatibility mode.

If you have a short short say on your desktop just "right click" then go to properties then look for compatibility tab and put a check mark in the box for run this program and just pick like xp with sp3. Give that a shot it may work.

I hope that works for you, Mike 
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?