Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outdoor / Portable Speakers  (Read 3828 times)

thumbtak

Topic Starter

Rookie

Outdoor / Portable Speakers
    « on: July 11, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »
    Here is a list of what I have, followed by what I am trying to accomplish.

What I have:
    - Pico PK102 Portable Projector
    - Archo 605 WIFI with DVR Dock

Situation:
    I use to play movies in my back yard (with friends) using the portable projector. I would setup the projector, port the video to the projector, and the audio to a construction radio. This was a very nice setup. The reason I used the construction radio, is because the speaker on the projector is quieter then my cell phones speaker. The speaker is so bad that I actually have to place it almost against my ear on full volume to hear it. Recently the construction radio stopped working.

What I am looking for:
    I have done some research and was looking at getting a set of rechargeable speakers for playing movies in my back yard. This is what I found http://reviews.logitech.com/7061/48/ipod-mp3-docks-reviews/category.htm. They look good, but reading the reviews I find that they don't have loud volume, and that the battery doesn't last long after months of using it. Also, sometimes the battery dies. What I am looking for is a set of rechargeable speakers that have a high sound volume. The speakers that are rechargeable need to have an Auxin for connecting the Archos device listed above. The reason I want rechargeable is that the projector, and Archos device are both rechargeable. This makes it convenient, not having to run any power cords to plug-in any device.

Any help or advice would be great.

thumbtak

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Outdoor / Portable Speakers
      « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
      Archos 605 WIFI doesn't have bluetooth. The device has a standard 3.5 millimetre jack on the device.

This is what the back of the DVR docking station look like:

The content is coming from the Archos 605 WIFI. The video goes to the projector, and the audio goes to speakers. The 3.5 millimetre jack on the device can be used while it is plugged into the DVR station.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
      Bose weatherproofs are the way to go...a little more than the Logitech's your lookin at...well worth it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

immental1200

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
      Bose weatherproofs are the way to go...a little more than the Logitech's your lookin at...well worth it.

They also, like all Bose's sound immense :D