Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with boot problem  (Read 12021 times)

tstrek

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
help with boot problem
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
I had posted in the hardware section for a solution to my problem. I got alot of suggestions but no answers, so im trying the homebuild section to see if any of you have a solution. My computer specs are as follows,K8V SE Deluxe MB with VIA K8T800 chipset WITH Serial ATA RAID,3 gig of pc3200 memory, AGP 9600 EVGA graphics card,AMD Athlon 64 3700 Clawhammer core socket 754 CPU,Seagate 250GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/s-ATA-150, Apeiva 630 watt psu, lite on dvd rw and lite on cd rw, All in one card reader with floppy disk, turtle beach sound card, HD cooler and graphics card cooler fan. Now the HD has always been connected to the primary sata, it reads it by default as an indepentdent drive and not as an array. Sata 1 connection is a non option.Now the problem is it will not boot from HD. Going into bios has had no effect.I will add this,I had the same problem when I had to install a new HD 2 years ago. I then took it to a computer shop and the guy said he had to do a partion to make it work but he did not elaborate on what he done.This time I had to replace the MoBo, now the MoBo is the same kind as I had so everything is the same.So if I have to partion the drive what I want to know is how do I do this? Bare in mind I do not have windows to work with since I cant boot up. Now has anyone of you home builders had this happen and can you help me out? :)

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: help with boot problem
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »

Dont think you've got the idea of having different forum sections. This will probably get moved back to 'Hardware' quite soon. 
11 cheers for binary !

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
Actually I'm just going to lock it. Please stay with your original thread.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Good choice...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "